Friday, July 25, 2008

The benefits of knowing TTD's?

This is a very interesting question, I'd thought about it.
I then realized, that as far as solving puzzles I have honestly used them a few times successsfully. Having said that.
I have used them in the process of trying to get past the typical hump of the good puzzles, many a times.
I am talking about the one place in the solving process where you find yourself with not enough information to continue along by the use of pure logic.
Meanwhile, I have often been able to correct myself by using TTD's, methodically.
I have also been able to make some pretty good guesses by the use of TDD's.
I feel the presence of esoteric knowledge in here, and yet, not quite able to give you a full description, let's just say that more research is needed.
My hope is that the fractal like elements of the sudoku could someday be understood.
And once the combination of patterns are deciphered, and the numbers of such combination are cataloged. These patterns could become a graphic language of the grids and these could very easily aid you to recognize the individual characteristics of the different sudoku programmers out there.
Seeing the puzzle from a different angle will also expand your understanding, however subtle that may be.
The question to you is this..
Can you think in dots at your present state of knowledge?
The answer is, most likely not.
You have to solve many a puzzles, first, to acquire some proficiency. And accuracy.
This process will tune your mind to the world of POP's.

No comments: